Can't Configure or Convert

Jun 5, 2008 at 3:32 PM
I got the software installed.  But the toolbar wasn't available.  I had to manually add it to the Templates and Add-ins menu.  Now I can see the toolbar but the buttons don't do anything.  Clicking on configure doesn't seem to do anything nor does the Convert button.  I have run through the troubleshooting steps to no avail.  Any ideas?
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2008 at 8:55 AM

ripley wrote:
I got the software installed.  But the toolbar wasn't available.  I had to manually add it to the Templates and Add-ins menu.  Now I can see the toolbar but the buttons don't do anything.  Clicking on configure doesn't seem to do anything nor does the Convert button.  I have run through the troubleshooting steps to no avail.  Any ideas?

Hi Ripley, I'll start out by stating the obvious: I suck at support. :(  Sorry - I've stared at this post I don't know how many times, and I couldn't think of where to even begin.

I've since had a little inspiration, and hopefully this'll help break the logjam:
  • What versions and Service Pack level of Windows and Word are you running?
  • Would you please download the VSTO Troubleshooter (just grab the VSTO_PT.exe file from here) and run it to see which components are noted as installed?

Yeah, this isn't much, but it's a start (I hope).  Thanks for your patience and any responses you might provide.